14 May 2011

city of music

It's good to see that blogger's back!  I'm a little behind on posts, but here's a little recap of our first two days in Vienna.  Thanks so much for baring with me this month... I know my blog has turned into more of a travel blog, but just for the time being.  Hope you enjoy! xo


Mum and I went strolling through the bustling Naschmarkt.  The aroma of fresh strawberries filled the air.


Then we walked around the world renowned Staatsoper.  Mozart's Marriage of Figaro was playing that evening.


After a morning of sight-seeing, a nap in the Hofburg Palace gardens seemed to be in order.


We finished off our first evening in the city at our lovely apartment, where my grandmother made a delicious Pasta Primavera, with loads of fresh veggies from the market.



I would recommend the Haus Der Musik to anyone on their way to Vienna.  It is an amazing museum with a bunch of interactive exhibits on the science behind sound, as well as an in-depth look at some of the city's most famous composers.  
I think we were supposed to sit and listen to this huge drum, but my sister and I thought it was too good of an opportunity for a photo shoot...


Walking down Vienna's streets is like being transported back to Mozart's time, and everyone in the city is extremely friendly and accommodating.


I couldn't resist a photo on the steps of Hofburg Palace.  (My jumpsuit is from H&M)


Like other cosmopolitan cities, Vienna is best at night, when all the majestic buildings are lit up and there's live music everywhere.


Café Landtmann is one of the city's famous cafés that have played an important part in Viennese culture and history.  Sigmund Freud is one of the notable figures who frequented this coffee house.


And of course, you can't take a trip to the Imperial City without relaxing with a cup of coffee and a slice of Sachertorte. (or two...)



No comments:

Post a Comment

♫ send me a postcard, drop me a line ♪♪