01 May 2011

greetings from praha

my outfit: dress/Tramp clothing | scarf/thrifted | tights/Primark | shoes/Bass

Prague is even more beautiful than I remembered.  We landed this morning after a nine hour flight (why so long?) and arrived at our apartment to be greeted by our sweet landlady, Andrea.  The first four pictures are from our apartment, and as you can see we have a lovely view from our balcony.  We spent the afternoon wandering into town, walking through the Strahov monastery and stuffing ourselves with sausage and paprikash.  The basilica is absolutely gorgeous.  There are rows of pews leading up to a marble alter and frescos spatter the ceiling.  Many people were on their knees saying prayers.  I got shivers when I read Mozart's name on the plaque outside the church, he played the organ there in 1787.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

♫ send me a postcard, drop me a line ♪♪