22 May 2012

mint juleps and jazz on a hot sunday evening

On Sunday, Sarah and I had some of our closest friends over for a "Mad Men" cocktail party.  We placed out the linen and china, and filled my apartment to bursting with fresh cut flowers.  We had fake cigarettes, and playing cards, and a homemade advertising trivia game.  There was plenty of food, and we all munched on hors d'oeuvres including fondue, antipasto, sandwiches, bacon lettuce wraps, pigs in a blanket, and spinach pastries- and for dessert we served cake, brownies, chocolate dipped strawberries and blackberries, and pudding.  It was such a wonderful evening and well worth all the preparation.  Here are a few film photographs from the night- they were taken with a disposable and there wasn't much flash-use going on, but I still think two or three of them turned out rather lovely.


No comments:

Post a Comment

♫ send me a postcard, drop me a line ♪♪